This is another drawing I did – it is of Bilbo Baggins in the live action hobbit movies. Here are some of the things I do and don’t like about it:
Things I do like about it:
- The wrinkles around the mouth, under the eyes and on the forehead are better than I expected – I usually find it quite hard to draw wrinkles
- The coat looks quite good, I find it quite an enjoyable part of drawing portraits.
- The eyes look very good in my opinion!
- The proportions, etc are better than I expected and it looks like it could be a real face!
Things to improve about it:
- The wrinkles are good, but a bit more prominent and exaggerated than they are in the photo I was working from.
- The shading in the neck is too dark, it looks like it is part of his coat!
- The hair is good, but it doesn’t look as curly as a wanted it to be.
- The likeness isn’t quite the same – I still can’t work out what it is!
Overall, I am happy with it and enjoyed drawing it very much!